ICL Consulting Services
At the Institute for Civic Leadership, we recognize that every organization faces a wide array of leadership challenges. Our services are designed to help provide solutions to the concerns facing organizations and collaborations in the private, nonprofit, and public sectors. ICL’s skilled consultant group will help you ask the right questions and identify collaborative solutions to organizational development challenges. ICL works with you to plan and facilitate relevant, inclusive solutions that align and advance your team, board or community’s most imperative strategies. We accomplish this through effective process and a focus on strengthening key relationships.
ICL partners with clients (see a partial list here) to solve complex planning, communication and leadership challenges that may be hindering the ability to move forward. By including appropriate stakeholders in the work, ICL helps clients achieve broader engagement and commitment to their strategies.
Over the past 18 years, ICL has advanced the overall leadership potential of Maine by working with private, nonprofit and public sector leaders, organizations and communities. ICL is uniquely capable of tapping the power of its extensive alumni base of skilled, trusted leaders to work alongside consulting staff.
To learn more about about ICL Consulting Services and how we can partner with you in accessing the fullest potential of your work, please contact Jan Kearce at (207) 773-3254 (ext. 105) or email@example.com.
Here are some areas of our expertise:
- Convening: Entrenched problems need new approaches. ICL can help you and your organization or community convene stakeholders to identify and execute sustainable solutions.
- Collaborative Process Design and Facilitation: Clarity on joint work and decision-making processes is fundamental to an effective collaboration. We will work with you to identify stakeholders to a current challenge, and then design and facilitate the convening or intervention process needed to achieve successful results.
- Nonprofit Viability and Mergers: Achieve greater mission impact by pursuing mergers that offer compelling scale and opportunity. ICL learned first-hand by means of its own merger with The Board Network, and has experts to lead you and your organization through a successful process.
- Leadership Development: Tap into our expertise on leadership development, effective group process and team skills to design a training (or series of trainings) specifically tailored to meet your organization’s needs.
- Leadership and Team Coaching: Coaching provides an opportunity for true action learning. Working with a coach as your learning partner, you and / or your leadership take time to step back, reflect and step in to new, more effective ways of leading and working together. Coaches provide the opportunity for meaningful leadership development conversations, support, feedback, and new models for leadership while challenging you and your team to be the leaders needed for your organization’s success. .
Nonprofit Board Consultation: Strong, engaged boards are critical to the success of all nonprofit organizations. We work with nonprofits to develop a program to meet your organization’s needs including: board assessment; customized board trainings on topics such as board development, fundraising and effective meeting techniques; and design and facilitation of board retreats.
- Team Development and Effectiveness: Develop your team’s ability to capitalize on opportunities and address barriers, while at the same time enhancing formal and emerging leadership.
- Diversity Strategy and Consultation: Help your organization to develop a diversity strategy that capitalizes on the talents, experiences and skills of a broader base of people to strengthen the cultural and leadership fabric of the group.
ICL’s Consulting Services has a demonstrated ability to move Maine’s for-profit, nonprofit and public organizations forward through an inclusive and thoughtful organizational development process. Our highly-skilled andMore »
Here is a partial list of our clients, organized by sector: For-Profit Clients Berry Dunn McNeil and Parker Downeast Energy Fore Solutions Fairchild Semiconductor OA CentersMore »
ICL’s Consulting Services has a demonstrated ability to move organizations forward through an inclusive and thoughtful organizational development process led by our highly-skilled and alwaysMore »
"The transformation of our firm after the ICL Leadership Intensive was incredible. To actually be given tools to help me organize the process; now we have a way to almost guarantee a predictable outcome. It's not 'maybe..."
— Scott Simons, Eta Class (1999-2000) , Scott Simons Architects